Some things work, some don’t

This week we did a couple experiments in class. Some worked great, like the silly putty lab in organic chem. We were learning about polymers so the seniors made one and then explained it’s properties. However some didn’t work like the swim bladder experiment in 7th. We tried to make a pvc pipe neutrally buoyant using balloons and cork. The balloons either were too hard to blow up or didn’t fit in the pipe so it was an utter failure but that happens sometime when I try new things. The 10th graders are learning about ecology this week; we learned about symbiosis (picture) and did a project on a biome. The advanced bio students finished up hormones and are now starting the cardiovascular chapter.

img_0244.jpg